Why paddle with Kaikoura Kayaks?
Our commitment: Kaikoura Kayaks will endeavour to give you the
best experience possible. We strive to protect the natural environment
and marine life while sharing our special place with you.
Our small locally owned family business is operated by Kiwis and our
objective is to provide excellent customer service with our friendly
and knowledgeable guides. Kayaking with the marine life in
Kaikoura has been the highlight for a lot travellers and families
while in New Zealand. Check out www.rankers.co.nz to see
why we have been voted best kayaking tour in the country
2nd year running or www.tripadviser.com
- Qualmark Endorsed visitory activity
- Department of Conservation Marine Mammal Watching Permit to view Seals & Dolphins
- The original, Kaikoura owned and operated kayak company, operating for over 13 years
- Full SKOANZ (Sea Kayak Operators Association of NZ) member
- Experienced, qualified guides, top kayaking and safety equipment from Quality Kayaks, Kokatat, Day Two, Palm & Mission
- Transport to and from paddle sites - dry bags for cameras / gear
- Crowd-free Kaikoura coastline - 6 kayaks maximum per trip
- Big cheesy smiles and Dub Beats
- An ocean teaming with marine life, under mountains
- Operating around the whole Kaikoura Peninsula, alternating areas for best viewing, sea conditions and interaction with wild life
- Freedom Kayak Hire, Seal Kayaking, Kayak School & Online Shop-Retail
- Tailor made tours available - Ideal for big groups, team building or school/Polytech groups and families. Discounts available!
Below is what Darren & Jami had to say about their Seal Kayaking tour..........
Hi my name is Darren Swart. My wife (Jami) and I did the Seal Kayaking tour with you on Thursday April 23, 2009 at 9am. It was an amazing trip. We had a great time. We saw lots of seals. As well, we were lucky enough to see Orca Whales, dolphins and even a blue penguin! Unfortunately, we had a problem with our camera that day. Our guide for that morning, I think his name was Gary but I'm not sure, offered to send us the pictures he had taken that day. I was wondering if you could forward this email on to the guide we had that day if he's still interested in sending us his pictures. Thanks for the great tour and memories. If I know of anyone heading to the south island I will definitely recommend they take the seal kayaking tour. We were on vacation for a whole month and it was one of the highlights of our whole vacation!